Jib your way down your local river and catch surf on the fly. The Hala Atcha 8’6” is a great SUP for those who want to maintain stability and don’t want to compromise between a downriver SUP and surf performance.
The Atcha 86 features innovative SUP design that is agile and persistent in whitewater, serving up maneuverability to style rapids and SUP rocker to surf steeper holes along the way.
This smaller version of the Hala Atcha 96 is great for whitewater paddlers who are smaller or want something sporty that is still built with stability in mind. After obsessively prototyping, testing (by pros, ambassadors, our team and enthusiasts), re-prototyping and re-testing (over 50 prototypes since 2012), the 2021 Atcha SUPs are the highest performing and most durable Whitewater River SUP ever made.
The long fin in the StompBox 2 brings speed and precision to this high-rocker stomp and surf SUP. Our patented Stompbox™ 2 fin system allows for running the shallowest (or bouldery-ist) rivers year-round.
Nobody even knew how fun a traditional surf fin would be on the river because they were too scared of supermanning off of their board when it snagged on a rock or the river bottom. Feel the speed and drive of the StompBox 2 as you paddle up a boiling eddy and catch one last surf before you catch back up to your friends.
On the Atcha 8’6”, you’ll see that 8’6”x 34” x 6” board IS enough.
Just when I thought this board couldn’t get any better… it did! The changes in the shape have made this board more stable without sacrificing any of the mobility.
The Atcha 711 wants you to jib, surf and weave. It has Stompbox-2-drive, but there's a bit less speed and a bit more spin, splat, ollie, and swerve. [7'11" x 34" x 6"]Atcha 86
The Atcha 86 hits a stability-meets-surf sweet spot. It wants you to stomp, spin, play and drive. [8'6" x 34" x 6"]Atcha 96
The Atcha 96 is our most stability-driven yet maneuverable and stout yet playful Atcha for charging whitewater, punching big holes and running higher volume rivers. It's the original whitewater SUP board that will get you stoked and full of confidence and stomp. [9'6" x 36" x 6"]
At Hala Gear we do things differently [better], and that's why we offer the most reliable SUP warranty.
Our SUPs were already top-quality, and now we've added an extra seam to the traditional 2-glued-seam SUP system giving you 3 seams. What's even cooler: We mechanically weld the third seam, because glue can fail.
Seams are sealed with heat and weight to mechanically bond the seam for life, allowing us to extend our warranty and offer the best SUP on the market.
- Included with SUP: Backcountry Rolling Backpack, Fins, Hand Pump, Repair Kit
- Backpack Dimensions: Large (12" x 18" x 40")
- Fin Boxes: Patented Stompbox 2.0™ Fin System, Two Click Finboxes
- Fins: 9" Green Stompfin, Two 4.5" Green Gummy Click Fins
- Board Shape: Dynamic and Responsive Board Shape with River Rocker and Swallow Tail
- Board Construction: Thick Fusion Construction with Welded Seams and PVC Stringer
- Rigging Options: 6 Soft Rigging Points with Nose Bungee
- D-Rings: Tail D-Ring and Bottom Nose D-Ring
- Handles: Rubberized + Reinforced Nose Handle, Rubberized + Reinforced Tail Handle, Center Step-Flat Soft Handle, and 2 Cloth Side Handles
- Deckpad: Diamond Groove EVA Deck Pad with 1.5” Raised StompPad and Rear Foot Index
- Board Warranty: Industry-leading 5-Year Warranty
- Included Accessory Warranty: 1-Year Warranty
What's in the Kit
hala atcha 86 SUP